PDA

View Full Version : problems resizing an application

franco.amato
17th November 2010, 17:48
Hi to all,
I have some problems when I press the window system button to resize an application.
I don't exactly know the correct name of such button so I attached this explanatory screenshot 5475. The button is located in the upper-right side of the window, next the x ( used to close the application ).
The problem is that when pressed the button, my application become very little and I don't want it. I would control the size of the application when I resize it pressing the button.
How can I do?
Best Regards,

janorcutt
17th November 2010, 18:18
you can use the setMinimumSize(const QSize &) which QMainWindow inherits from QWidget

franco.amato
17th November 2010, 18:24
you can use the setMinimumSize(const QSize &) which QMainWindow inherits from QWidget
Hi thank for your reply.
I agree with you setting a minimum size it resize to the minimum size when I press the button, BUT I can not do a further resizing.
What I would do is -> resize to a specific size when I press the button and then I would resize it to a size lower than the minimum size with the mouse.
In bried I don't want a minimum size.
I hope you can understand me.
Regards

janorcutt
17th November 2010, 18:45
OK i'm assuming that when your app starts, you tell it to display fullscreen. if so before you do just resize it to a reasonable size and then set it to fullscreen.
odd but should work

franco.amato
17th November 2010, 20:48
OK i'm assuming that when your app starts, you tell it to display fullscreen. if so before you do just resize it to a reasonable size and then set it to fullscreen.
odd but should work

Hi you're right.
It works ( and I don't understand why ), I hope to get a reply from the experts.
Regards

janorcutt
17th November 2010, 21:20
it occurred to me that after you 'maximize' a window it always goes back to its previous position and size when you 'restore' it. glad to be able to help

franco.amato
17th November 2010, 21:33
it occurred to me that after you 'maximize' a window it always goes back to its previous position and size when you 'restore' it. glad to be able to help
No problems,
your help was very usefull.
Thanx