PDA

View Full Version : Problem with linking OpenAL in Qt Creator under Windows

Emedion
20th November 2010, 20:33
Hi all,
I've wasted many time to search how I should configure my Qt Creator to link OpenAL in my application so I try with posting my problem right here.

Well my problem is very simple:
I have Qt Creator 2.0.1 with Qt 4.7 and Windows 7 x64 and haven't got any problem before trying to link OpenAL.
I saw that I have to add my library to "LIBS" in my .pro file. So here is my .pro:

QT += core gui
TARGET = OpenALTest
TEMPLATE = app
SOURCES += main.cpp\
mainwindow.cpp
HEADERS += mainwindow.h\
sndfile.h
FORMS += mainwindow.ui
INCLUDEPATH += C:/OpenALSDK/include
LIBS += -LC:/Qt/2010.05/qt/OpenALTest/ -lsndfile-1 \
-LC:/OpenALSDK/libs/ -lopenal32

I downloaded OpenAL SDK which is composed (especially) of .h file that I include and an OpenAL32.lib file which I mention in my "LIBS" configuration variable.

The result I have is:
C:\Qt\2010.05\qt\OpenALTest-build-desktop/../OpenALTest/mainwindow.cpp:31: undefined reference to `_imp__alcOpenDevice'
C:\Qt\2010.05\qt\OpenALTest-build-desktop/../OpenALTest/mainwindow.cpp:39: undefined reference to `_imp__alcCreateContext'
C:\Qt\2010.05\qt\OpenALTest-build-desktop/../OpenALTest/mainwindow.cpp:47: undefined reference to `_imp__alcMakeContextCurrent'

I believe that my code won't help you because it's just a link problem but ask me if necessary.
I also tried with this:

-LC:/OpenALSDK/libs/OpenAL32.lib
and

C:/OpenALSDK/libs/OpenAL32.lib

May someone help me?

Thx

franco.amato
20th November 2010, 21:28
Hi,
I suggest to you to use fmodex instead of OpenAL ( I'm using it without problems building an audio editor ).
Regards

Emedion
21st November 2010, 19:19
Well I've read Wikipedia's description about this library.
As it's written, this library is free to use for personal usage only but my project is a professional free project.
OpenAL is very simple to use and seems to be a good library but I've just a problem to link it in a Qt Creator project.
Any other suggestion?

Emedion
1st December 2010, 11:24
I recently fixed the problem.
This works:

LIBS += C:/OpenALSDK/libs/OpenAL32.lib \
C:/Qt/2010.05/qt/OpenALTest/libsndfile-1.lib
I don't really understand why it works but it works. It might be a problem using back-slashes and slashes....