PDA

View Full Version : Phonon refuses to open AAC files on Windows 7 (Qt 4.7)

bitsflew
22nd November 2010, 16:06
According to the backend capabilities (audio/mp4 supported) Phonon should be able to play AAC.

However the "Music Player" sample always returns error 0x80040265 (Cannot play back the file. The format is not suported) when I try to open a valid AAC file.

The file plays without any problems in wmp.

Any ideas?

geco0ol
24th December 2011, 22:43
+1
I have stumbled upon a similar issue. So if anyone could give us a hint, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am running the "media player" sample from qt sdk 4.7.4 (provided with qt installer 1.1.4) both on desktop(=windows XP) and device (=nokia 701, symbian belle, last update). Every media format file runs smoothly, but a network stream such as aac or mp3 would not run.

Oleg
25th December 2011, 10:38
Try libVLC based Phonon backend.

TobyYi
7th February 2012, 05:44
According to the backend capabilities (audio/mp4 supported) Phonon should be able to play AAC.

However the "Music Player" sample always returns error 0x80040265 (Cannot play back the file. The format is not suported) when I try to open a valid AAC file.

The file plays without any problems in wmp.

Any ideas?
Hi:
I am a freshman in Qt field.I want to ask a question for multimedia about phonon,how to get the information(filename,Author,Genre,AlbumTitle etc) for the video or audio file.

Please share your knowledge! Thanks