PDA

View Full Version : absolute beginner - still installation problems!

szisziszilvi
23rd November 2010, 11:32
Hi!

I've already made some interesting applications with QtCreator, and now I would like to use te qwt kits for plotting diagrams - the snapshots on their site looked smart, and I already understood that it would be really useful for me. I'm trying to install this, but I'm a bit lost now. So what I've done:
I've downloaded this: qwt-6.0.0-rc5.zip
Unpacked it somewhere
openned a Qt prompt like this:
Start->Programs->Qt SDK by Nokia v2009.05(open source) -> Qt Command Promt
cd-d to the directory of qwt-6.0.0-rc5, so here: C:\(...)\qwt-6.0.0-rc5\
typed qmake qwt.pro
(this made the Makefile, without any error mesages)
nmake
----> at this point I would mention, that make did not work, so I've downloaded it form http://johnbokma.com/perl/make-for-windows.html and copied the to
Qt\2009.05\mingw\bin and now it works (or at least runs?)
nmake install

And now I have a library c:\Qwt-6.0.0-rc5 with some subdirs containing eg most of the headers which I can see in the original project library of qwt.

--------
Well, do you think it was a succesfull installation? when I run nmake, first it gave at least 200 warning messages of this: qwt NMAKE : warning U4006: special macro undefined : '$<'
During the second run of nmake it gave no errormessages.

Well, what to check at least to know for sure if it was a succesful installation or not?

Thanks for reading and waiting hard for some stable points in the wolrd of Qwt... :)
Sylvia

Uwe
23rd November 2010, 21:17
And now I have a library c:\Qwt-6.0.0-rc5 with some subdirs containing eg most of the headers which I can see in the original project library of qwt.
Well, do you think it was a succesfull installation?
Make should stop before installing, when it runs on an error - so probably yes.

Uwe