PDA

View Full Version : How to deploy Qt project on Windows

baluk
29th November 2010, 14:36
Hi,

I want deploy my first Qt app on windows. For this I have run the project in release mode in Qt creator and tried to execute the exe in the release folder.But I get the error that says missing dll. May be I can add that dll but from my googling I see that I will be keep asked for more dll's. So can any one tell me what is the proper way to do this.

Thank You,
Baluk

Zlatomir
29th November 2010, 14:56
You need to copy the required dll's in the same folder with your application.exe

You need at least two dll's for MingW runtime:
mingwm10.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
you can find this two in the QT_INSTALL_PATH\mingw\bin

And some (depending on what modules you use) for Qt runtime, for example: QtCore4.dll and QtGui4.dll (these are for release build of your application, those for debug have a d in their name and are bigger because they have more debugging information) you can find those in QT_INSTALL_PATH\qt\bin
Note: the dll's from QT_INSTALL_PATH\bin won't work with your application, you need the ones from QT_INSTALL_PATH\qt\bin.

baluk
29th November 2010, 15:27
Hi,

Thank you for very quiet detailed explanation and now I can able to run the exe in release folder. I have an other doubt that how can I use this release folder to install it on any other computer ( not just by clicking on the exe file from the folder) and Can I use this folder in Linux also. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

BalaQT
30th November 2010, 05:11
hi balu,

I have an other doubt that how can I use this release folder to install it on any other computer ( not just by clicking on the exe file from the folder)
u need make the package and deployment of ur own. many opensources are available to do tat.

Can I use this folder in Linux also
The exe compiled under windows won't work in linux.
u need to make different exe ,which compiled under linux.
similar to windows , u can put all the reqd libs and exe in same folder.
but for the deployment in another pc , u need to make ur own.

hope it helps
Bala