PDA

View Full Version : Component names.

Adante
29th November 2010, 15:04
Helly everbody,
I've been working on several Teamspeak 3 skins lately, and these use .Qss stylesheets. I understand most things of it, but the problem is... I don't have a full list of all the 'components' (?). (I'm unfamiliar with the terms used in Qt, so take it easy on me)

Let's say I only want to edit the QLineEdit in one window only, and give the rest another skin. The problem is, that I need to know the proper name for the one field I want to edit. In the Qss files the QTextEdit does have several different instances, meaning I could skin each one of them differently.

QTextEdit#pluginDescTextEdit
QTextEdit#descriptionTextEdit
QTextEdit#vserverWelcomeTextEdit
I wan't do the same thing with the QLineEdit... This is just one example... There are a million more names of windows, boxes, etc etc I would like to know. Is there anyway I can figure these out?

The people who make Teamspeak aren't really responsive on the forums... :p
I'm guessing I need some sort of source coding to do this, but if there is any other way to get a full list that would be great!

high_flyer
29th November 2010, 15:28
Theoretically - again, theoretically, you can open the exe and libs in a hex editor and look for the symbols.
But you really need to be a masochist to try that, and will probably not work in the sense, that you will manage to find all the object names you are looking for.
So, with out the source code, you can't really know which object names correspond to which objects, apart of obvious cases.
IMHO.