PDA

View Full Version : QGLWidget release build problem

RauBurger
30th November 2010, 18:51
Hey guys,

First this is my first post, so Hey!
Secondly I have an application for work were I use the QGLWidget class. This works all fine and well when I'm doing a debug build, but when I do a release build it builds fine but the application exits with code 1 when it hits the QGLWidget constructor.

thank you,
Rob (RauBurger)

Also this is on windows xp using 4.7.0 (I have tried it with 4.7.1 to no avail) using vs2008 pro with the qt addin

john_god
3rd December 2010, 10:10
It would help if you show us a code snippet of your program, but I'm guessing if it works on debug, check for variables wich havent been initilized. Also check if there is any of qt dll files (qtgui.dll , qtcore.dll, ...) in your windows/system dir. If they are from older versions than can be the problem, windows will first try to link to those dll's, that causes the crush.

RauBurger
6th December 2010, 17:04
Thanks for your reply, however this did get fixed when I statically built qt and linked against that (that was the overall goal for this project any way). So I know it's not a real fix but it's a work around that works for us.

john_god
6th December 2010, 18:11
That really seems like a wrong dll in windows system in wich case it's not problem of your code but windows itself. Linking statically solves the problem because terminates with dll dependencys. For dinamic linking, overriding the windows system dll's with newer versions would solve it.