PDA

View Full Version : signals/slots methods not being automatically being generated in c++/header files

T1001
2nd December 2010, 16:11
I've compiled Qt into the visual studio 2008 environment and am building apps. However, when I create a connection for a pushbutton on a dialog form, or any form for that matter, in Qt designer, there is no "Go To Slots" option on the right mouse click menu or elsewhere. Furthermore, when I add a signal/slot, it "takes" in the form designer, but doesn't propogate to the c++/.h files to which they belong. As a result, I have to hand code them. This is true for any widget I want to configure for slots/signals.

I wanted to know whether this is how it is in visual studio, or whether there was something to correct to make workflow more efficient. The standalone Qt IDE did update the c++ and .h files.

Thank you,

T1001

wysota
2nd December 2010, 17:10
The "standalone Qt IDE", meaning the Qt Creator does it the other way round - the functionality is implemented in Creator and not its Designer plugin. With Visual Studio this is not the case - Visual Studio knows nothing of signals, slots or Qt forms. You can use the VS Qt integration plugin which adds partial support for stuff you mention to Visual Studio. What you currently experience is the default and expected behaviour of Qt Designer.

Lesiok
3rd December 2010, 14:23
Please read about QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName

T1001
6th December 2010, 14:23
Thank you...