PDA

View Full Version : QX11EmbedContainer transparency problem

nalexvs
2nd December 2010, 18:38
Hello to everyone!!

I'm developing an application that needs to embed a window from another process. For that I'm using the QX11EmbedContainer/QX11EmbedWidget;). When making some tests I've found a tricky problem with QX11EmbedContainer.

My tests consists basically of:
- 1 application containing a transparent QGraphicsView, a transparent QLabel and a QX11EmbedContainer in a frame having the QX11EmbedContainer behind the other two.
- 1 application containing a QX11EmbedWidget redering an image. For now it only has a black background.

The problem is:
- When I run the application the transparent widgets (QGraphicsView and QLabel) doesn't show the content of the embed window of the QX11EmbedContainer but the main frame(parent of all of them) background, now set to red using setStyleSheet method.

I've searching for some time now in all Qt Forums, the Qt bug tracker and all over the Internet and didn't find any clues to solve this problem.
I think it must be an error in the drawing routines specially in the drawWidget or sync methods of the internal QWidgetBackingStore class that clips the QGraaphicsView and QLabel areas for some reason making the update of the contained window be croped of that regions.

I'm using Qt 4.5.3 on a Fedora 9 distibution.
The entire project for the test applications is in the attachment. It contains other applications but the refered problems appear in the qtrtgraphicscontainerd executable

Thanks in advance for any answer