PDA

View Full Version : Is there a guide for exit code messages?

tonnot
2nd December 2010, 18:40
I have a msg : exited with code -1073741515
?????

tbscope
2nd December 2010, 18:53
If you're on Windows, check MSDN. Google knows what MSDN is.

tonnot
2nd December 2010, 19:18
thank you very much

Added after 14 minutes:

Humm!
It is so difficult to find some information about...
In adittion, I have discover people ask something similar many times at this forum.
So... It would not be neccesary QT give us some more information ?

squidge
2nd December 2010, 19:22
The exit code is whatever you return from main, which, in a typical Qt app, would be the return value from QApplication::exec (which is usaually the value passed to QCoreApplication::exit())

Unless the application terminates prematurely (eg. a system call or runtime library detects a fatal error)

-1073741515 in hex is C0000135 in hex, which is an access violation (invalid memory address passed to some runtime function or heap corruption due to some buffer overflow)

wysota
2nd December 2010, 22:59
Let's put that in the FAQ then...

http://www.qtcentre.org/faq.php?faq=qt_runtime_errors#faq_qt_runtime_c0000 135

tonnot
3rd December 2010, 10:47
Thanks.
Sincerely I think this is the kind of things I needed done in QTCreator, without the needed of search it at internet.

SixDegrees
3rd December 2010, 11:47
Thanks.
Sincerely I think this is the kind of things I needed done in QTCreator, without the needed of search it at internet.

Creator is platform-agnostic; the error messages produced by the system is different on Windows, Mac and various flavors of Unix, and knowledge of what those codes mean on any given system rightly belongs to the user, not to the tool.

wysota
3rd December 2010, 11:50
Blame Microsoft, Creator has nothing to do with this.

tbscope
3rd December 2010, 13:00
Just a note that the 135 error is not an access violation but a "dll not found error"

squidge
3rd December 2010, 18:39
Correct, sorry about that, I looked it up on the wrong list :(

The full list can be found in the 'ntstatus.h' file of the Win32 SDK

If you don't have that SDK, Wine HQ has a GPL version here: http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2002-September/003297.html

Eg:
#define STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND 0xC0000135

Note that these status codes are only given if a process fails to intialise. It's upto the application to provide the code once the application is running.

tonnot
9th December 2010, 09:44
Thanks squidge.
And Wysota, when I said that this is the kind of things I need QtCreator does, I claimed for a list like this.

Blame Microsoft, Creator has nothing to do with this.
But I'm using QT for building windows applications....
It is as I have a car, the fuel tank has no filter, but normally fuel has impurities.
After a kilometers of driving the motor is broken, Who is responsible for the failure?...
As I said in other posts, I think that there some easy things that every user wait from this superb application.

wysota
9th December 2010, 10:02
But I'm using QT for building windows applications....
But it's Windows which returns the code.

It is as I have a car, the fuel tank has no filter, but normally fuel has impurities.
After a kilometers of driving the motor is broken, Who is responsible for the failure?...
The example is inadequate. It's more like blaming the car producer for traffic on roads. Sure you are waiting in the traffic in the car made by this producer but sitting in another car in the same place would yield the same result - you'd still be in the traffic jam, the only responsibility of the car producer (any car producer) is that you are driving his car instead of using mass transit.

tonnot
9th December 2010, 10:17
mmm.
I keep on thinking that if my car has a fuel-filter (that costs only 1 €), I'm going to have better opinion of the manufacturer.

squidge
9th December 2010, 10:45
Well, QtCreator is open-source, if the "manufacturer" is unwilling to do it, you can always do it yourself.

Kinda like you could always buy the fuel filter and fit it yourself, even if the manufacturer didn't supply it by default.