PDA

View Full Version : Strange Problem with JPEG Support on win XP

caligula
15th September 2006, 12:22
hi there,

i have a strange problem with QT jpeg support on windows xp.

Compiling: MS Visual Studio 2005 Prof.
QT: 4.1.4 Commercial Edition
InstallerUtility: Nullsoft Installer Tool

When i tell Nullsoft Installer to Install my App with MS redistributable VC8 Files everything works fine (vc8redist will be executed). But installation fails under win 2000, because IE 6.0 is expected for the redistributable. So this is no solution for me. The App has to run on 2000 too. (with this Setup under XP all jpegs will be loaded and everything works. I even can delete the imageoformats folder and app still works with jpeg support).

Then i tried to include all MS-Dlls manually in my Setup. Installation works on 2000 and XP. The Application launches without Problems. But no JPEGs are loaded by QT. The "imageformats" folder and the "qjpeg1.dll" are present in the App Folder.

I tried all posibilities by copying DLLs from on place to the other. But nothing works.

Perhaps someone of you had the same problem? Does VC8 has its own JPEG Support, which have to include in my setup (i can delete qjpeg1.dll when installing with vc8 redist)?

thanx and regards,
c.

wysota
15th September 2006, 13:01
Probably qjpeg depends on some other library (like libjpeg or simmilar) which is not available on the target system. Use a dependency walker to check that out.

caligula
15th September 2006, 13:08
Additional Note:
The Setup with manuall copying of vc8 runtime works completely on 2000 (incl. JPEG Support). Only on XP JPEG Support fails.

Probably qjpeg depends on some other library (like libjpeg or simmilar) which is not available on the target system. Use a dependency walker to check that out.
Dependancy shows no missing libraries. Copying alle dependacies into app or imageformats folder makes no enhancement.

c.

caligula
18th September 2006, 11:36
Hi...

only solution: made a setup, which checks OS and then installs needed runtimes.

But: Now all works with 2000 and XP Prof. But not with SP Home :confused: