PDA

View Full Version : Strange behaviour of QFileDialog::getSaveFileName

LuckyBlade
12th December 2010, 16:19
Hey guys,
I'm facing an strange error when opening an savefile-dialog with QFileDialog::getSaveFileName.

If I want to debug my application the error
"NtClose was called for a Handle that was protected from closing via NtSetInformationObject" (quick translation by myself from german into english) appears when reaching the line with QFileDialog::getSaveFileName.

But if I just start the application (without the debugger attached to it) it all runs well...QFileDialog::getSaveFileName gets called correctly and without any errors and I can select a path where I want to save my files.

Anyone else did face that problem? I want to debug my application because there are several bugs in it but I can't because of this strange behaviour :-/

Thanks in advance for an answer.

BTW: I'm using Visual Studio 2008 and Qt 4.1

squidge
12th December 2010, 17:10
Maybe you have a bug somewhere which is corrupting the heap or stack and thus causing this error?

LuckyBlade
14th December 2010, 07:57
I figured it out.
The reason for the errormessages was my antivirus program "Avira Antivir".
This is the workaround link for german people:
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=123783

and a quick translation for you other guys ;)
After an update of the virusscanner visual studio couldn't load the wininet.dll if the debugger got attached.
The only working workaround is to deinstall the Avira Guard/MailGuard/WebGuard/Rootkit-Protection and do a reboot.