PDA

View Full Version : Manifest / Side by Side configuration.

hickscorp
15th December 2010, 01:12
Hello party people :)

i've been developing an application with Qt 4.7 for a while. i previously had Visual Studio 2005, and the whole setup was perfectly working both for release and debugging.
Now i've just migrated to VS2010 because of my customer's constraints (Use of .net 4.0), and i feel totally lost with this new terminology: Side by Side Configuration / Manifest.

Basically, i'm able to compile my application in both Release and Debug. However, when i start my application in Debug mode, i get:
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe [...Path...]\Debug\QtCored4.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002.
i thought it may have been a DLL issue, so i've depwalked my application's binary, and the result is confusing:
Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\qt\4.7.1\bin\QTCORED4.DLL" contains errors. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).
Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\qt\4.7.1\bin\QTGUID4.DLL" contains errors. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).
Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

Also, the ouput says that i'm missing DLLS: MSVCP90D.dll, MSVCR90D.dll, IESHIMS.dll and WER.dll. So i've tried to install the MSVC++ redistribuables (Installed versions: 2005, 2008 and 2010), but it didn't change anything of the problem.

i'm a linux / unix user, and i have to develop under windows for windows (Because i'm actually unable to wine dotNet 4... Saddly).

Is there anyone who had this problem and who can point me to the right direction for solving this issue?

Thank you very much for your time and expertise!
Pierre.

ChrisW67
15th December 2010, 05:22
I assume that MSVCP90D.dll and MSVCR90D.dll are the debug versions of the DLLs and would not be provided in the redist bundles, only in the Visual Studio directories. The other two 'missing' dependencies are always missing but have never caused me any issue.

I would check that the run time environment includes the directory (-ies) containing the Qt and MS VC debug libraires.