PDA

View Full Version : ui label list not updating

The physicist
19th December 2010, 21:08
Hi all,

I posted about this problem on another thread, which seemed to resolve itself in the end when I switched between debug and release builds (on Windows). I'm now at home on Mac OSX with QT creator 2.0.1 and the problem has come back and won't go away.

I have labels created in the design tab which don't appear to have updated when I try and access them in my main program, i.e. ui->label_X->>do_something. I've tried switching between debug and release builds, clean all, rebuild all, build all etc and it doesn't make them appear. They are definitely there on the ui, and are listed in the XML code as well, so where am I going wrong? :( Thanks in advance.

high_flyer
20th December 2010, 10:08
in such cases its best if you post a small zip with a sample project that reproduces the problem, so that other users can open and try it, and play with the configuration.

The physicist
20th December 2010, 21:28
in such cases its best if you post a small zip with a sample project that reproduces the problem, so that other users can open and try it, and play with the configuration.I think I've found out the problem, I was building shadow builds. Ever since I've turned that off I've not had a problem, does that sound like an explanation?

ChrisW67
21st December 2010, 04:09
No. It sounds like switching from shadowed to non-shadowed has caused something to be rebuilt that was not being built before. Is the UI file listed in your project's PRO file under FORMS?

The physicist
21st December 2010, 12:41
No. It sounds like switching from shadowed to non-shadowed has caused something to be rebuilt that was not being built before. Is the UI file listed in your project's PRO file under FORMS?It's there now and I believe it was there before.