PDA

View Full Version : can any scripting language be imported in qtcreator

rashmi
22nd December 2010, 09:50
hi all,

i had a question that could we add any scripting language(say vbscript) as plug-in to qtcreator.

i have read few documents that says application developed in qtcreator could be run in visual studio or we can develop Qt-application in Visual studio. is that possible to execute application developed in vb to run in qtcreator.

thanks for any help:confused:

high_flyer
22nd December 2010, 10:15
Your question is confusing all kinds of stuff.
Lets take a step back.
What it is you need, and why you need it?

wysota
22nd December 2010, 10:17
hi all,

i had a question that could we add any scripting language(say vbscript) as plug-in to qtcreator.

i have read few documents that says application developed in qtcreator could be run in visual studio or we can develop Qt-application in Visual studio. is that possible to execute application developed in vb to run in qtcreator.

If you ask about providing scripting support for Creator then I know of a plugin that allows you to record and replay macros but I'm sure they are not written in VB. And I doubt anyone will add VB support in Creator simply because it's a cross-platform application and Visual Basic is not a cross-platform technology. But adding Python or JavaScript support shouldn't be that hard. Not that this already exists though.

rashmi
22nd December 2010, 10:40
any inputs on how python / javascript support could be given to qtcreator.

hey high_flyer,

what i meant was i need to give scripting language support to qtcreator(it could be python,javascript,vbscript )

hope i am clear now

wysota
22nd December 2010, 11:04
any inputs on how python / javascript support could be given to qtcreator.
You need to implement a plugin for Creator that will run the interpreter for you. There are interpreters for many languages available, Qt has a javascript interpreter built in so this is easiest but there is also a strong support for Python through the PyQt project. KDE provides bindings to many other languages too so if you can run a matching interpreter then binding with Qt should be easy.