PDA

View Full Version : efficiency

szisziszilvi
5th January 2011, 10:55
Hi all,

My question is if using qt makes any differences in the efficiency of the c++ code parts not related to QT-system.

Like if I create a gui application with Qt, but the input is sent to normal c++ classes wich does not use any Qt classes, than does the fact that it was compiled ect. by Qt's stuffs has any efffec on the normal class's job? (time, memory, anything)

wysota
5th January 2011, 12:49
My question is if using qt makes any differences in the efficiency of the c++ code parts not related to QT-system.
No.

Like if I create a gui application with Qt, but the input is sent to normal c++ classes wich does not use any Qt classes, than does the fact that it was compiled ect. by Qt's stuffs has any efffec on the normal class's job? (time, memory, anything)
Nothing is compiled by "Qt's stuff". It's compiled by a C++ compiler.

nroberts
5th January 2011, 17:31
Hi all,

No. The MOC won't moc-up your stuff unless you tell it to by using the 'Q_OBJECT' macro. All of your normal classes will remain unscathed and will be compiled normally.