PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to Use Mobility Extension API's on Nokia N8 device Week40 SDK?

abk883
5th January 2011, 12:37
Hi
I am trying to use Telephony API's on N8 device. I downloaded the Mobility Extension Pack and tried to install the qt_mobile_ext_libs.sisx but I am unable to do so.
Does this have any other prerequisite ?

wysota
5th January 2011, 12:40
What does "unable to do" mean in this context?

abk883
5th January 2011, 12:45
I am unable to install this qt_mobile_ext_libs.sisx on the N8 device.

Without this, I am unable to test the demos and examples provided although installation of qt_mobile_ext_demos.sisx succeeds.

wysota
5th January 2011, 12:47
I am unable to install this qt_mobile_ext_libs.sisx on the N8 device.
But what do you mean by that? Aren't you able to download the bundle, you don't know what combinations of buttons to press or what? How do you expect us to help you without providing such information?

abk883
5th January 2011, 13:06
You didnot understand what I meant. Just to make it more clear, I am able to download the Mobillity bundle and copy the sisx file to the device.
When I try to start the installation for qt_mobile_ext_libs.sisx, no action takes place. So, I mean installation doesnot take place.

wysota
5th January 2011, 14:08
How do you start the installation? Do you have matching version of Qt installed? Did you try installing the package using the command line?

abk883
5th January 2011, 17:16
Tap on the sisx, which gives an option "Open w/ AppArc". Using same option I am able to install the other qt_mobile_ext_demos.sisx.
Regarding Qt, its version is 4.7.0-beta 1.

I have not tried installing using command line. Will try to see how is that done. Thanks.

wysota
5th January 2011, 21:37
Regarding Qt, its version is 4.7.0-beta 1.
Does it match the one required by the extension package?

abk883
7th January 2011, 16:36
online description says that it supports 4.6 and higher.

I tried an alternate way now. I made a testapp where in I have included all the Telephony classes in my project. I am able to install this sisx this way.
I was able to make a call using the API provided from my test app. But when I make the call, I dont receive any notifications back. I will debug it more and see whats going wrong.

Thanks for your help wysota

wysota
7th January 2011, 18:05
online description says that it supports 4.6 and higher.
But the binary package links against a specific version of the library. If it links against 4.7 and you have 4.6 then it won't work. Either build a binary package with mobility for your specific Qt version or check the dependencies of the binary package you have and install Qt in version required by the package (or newer).