PDA

View Full Version : Open a QT project (written on pc) in a QT macOSX

Mikele di Sagitter
5th January 2011, 20:54
Hi, I'm having a problem opening a project I wrote on a QT for pc in my QT for mac. When I opens it nothing is written in mainwindos.cpp and in others files. QT also show me a window saying:

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8236/schermata20110105a21345.png

What should I do?

ChrisW67
5th January 2011, 21:51
Click Done. The program is asking you which of the installed Qt versions you wish to use to build this project on your Mac. You only have the one Qt installation, so you only have this one option.

I do not know what you mean by:

When I opens it nothing is written in mainwindos.cpp and in others files.
You are opening a project (PRO) file, this should not modify the source files of you program in any way.

Mikele di Sagitter
5th January 2011, 22:14
So, on my iMac I saw something linke

§!(à "'($ù`^"'`ù("

at the place that the sourcecode I wrote on a pc.
Otherwise on MacBook Air I don't see nothing at all.

I't very strange I have two differents reactions...

ChrisW67
6th January 2011, 02:28
Using another text editor on your Mac open one of your source files or the PRO file and inspect its content. Is it good?

Mikele di Sagitter
6th January 2011, 13:58
xCode gives ?????????????????????? while another text editor give a blank page. On pc all is ok

pkohut
6th January 2011, 14:19
Zip the project directory on the pc, copy to the mac and unzip. Check project settings and fix the project shadow build location if it iswrong.

ChrisW67
6th January 2011, 22:33
xCode gives ?????????????????????? while another text editor give a blank page. On pc all is ok
So the problem has nothing to do with Qt Creator or Qt. You need to transfer the files from your Windows machine to your Mac without mangling them.

Note: I am assuming you are opening a source file and not a compiled object file on the Mac.

schnitzel
7th January 2011, 00:50
I have run into this a couple of times when going back and forth between linux and windows. For example, before opening the project on linux (after it has been build on windows), I do the following:
1) delete Debug and Release folders
2) delete Makefile, Makefile.Debug and Makefile.Release
3) delete object_script.* files
4) delete <project>.pro.user file

then open the project in Qt Creator and rebuild.

When going from linux to windows the steps are similar although some of the intermediate files are called slightly different.

hope this helps.