PDA

View Full Version : .pro

mickey
24th September 2006, 01:54
HI, how do I create a .pro with qt4 openSource? With designer isn't possibile save as .pro...but I can only save .ui......thanks

jacek
24th September 2006, 01:58
You write it yourself. You can use "qmake -project" to generate initial .pro file.

Brandybuck
24th September 2006, 08:02
Read the qmake manual (in assistant). There is a simple tutorial at the beginning that tells you everything you need to know to get started.

mickey
24th September 2006, 11:14
mm. so I have to design n form.ui and the add them to .pro by hand? But this is a change of QT4 or is QTOpenSource? (maybe qt3 wAs better?) thanks

mcosta
24th September 2006, 12:45
mm. so I have to design n form.ui and the add them to .pro by hand? But this is a change of QT4 or is QTOpenSource? (maybe qt3 wAs better?) thanks

.pro files syntax is very simple.
If you want add a form (myform.ui) to a project, add this line in .pro file

FORMS += myform.ui

In Qt4 the Designer is only an Interface designer and not a IDE. In this way it's simpler to integrate it into a IDE (KDevelop, Visual Studio, ...).

Brandybuck
24th September 2006, 23:18
In Qt4 the Designer is only an Interface designer and not a IDE. In this way it's simpler to integrate it into a IDE (KDevelop, Visual Studio, ...).
A side benefit to this is that you are now in charge of your own code. This is a subtle thing, ill-appreciated by newbies.