PDA

View Full Version : error while running

sattu
11th January 2011, 06:26
hi everyone!

I'm just opening a new Qt4 GUI application. After opening, without modifying the code or adding anything new to it i start building it. But i am getting this error:

"" :: error: unrecognized option '-static-enable-stdcall-fixup' ""

So,what i conclude is that there is definitely a problem with my setup. Can anyone please guide me as to how to remove this error? I'm using the following package:-
"qt-sdk-win-opensource-2010.05.exe". Do i need to add something extra to it?

tbscope
11th January 2011, 06:42
If -static and -enable-stdcall-fixup are one word as you posted, that's a bug.

sattu
11th January 2011, 07:23
yaa,,,, i have posted the error as it was there. If it is a bug then what to do with it or rather how to deal with it?
Tbscope, another thing which i saw just now is that in spite of the build error, it is running successfully. So, is it o.k with this bug or it needs to be eliminated?

tbscope
11th January 2011, 07:45
I don't know where the error comes from, if indeed this is an error.
It seems to me that no sane person would let a program take options/parameters without some sort of separator, otherwise it would be impossible to know what the user wants. That's why I think it is an error.

The error is most likely situated in your makespec file, and more specific a line called QMAKE_LFLAGS

Try adding a seperator between the two options.

If the build succeeds, the worst thing that happens is that the options aren't used.
In this case I guess there will be no static build.

sattu
11th January 2011, 09:32
hi tbscope! What is this makespec file and where can i find it?. What are all these options you are talking about? What are alll the possible harm that could be done to the program if these options are not used?
And also if i find the makespec file after you give it's whereabouts, what separator should i give as you mentioned? spacebar only, right?:confused:

tbscope
11th January 2011, 12:17
I'm not behind a computer with Qt installed.
I'll see if I can provide more information later today.

sattu
11th January 2011, 12:36
o.kie. Thanks a lot tbscope. Anyway in which folder is that makespec file generally found(for windows)? And what is the use of that makespec file?

tbscope
11th January 2011, 12:42
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qmake-environment-reference.html#qmakespec