PDA

View Full Version : Error: "The Application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way"

Beherit
13th January 2011, 01:13
Hi all,

I am trying to create a Qt 4.7.1 application using sqlite and the basic gui components both for windows and linux.

The application builds and runs properly in both windows and linux on my development machine.

When trying to distribute the application to other computers, including the dll files which are needed (found them in my qt installation), I get the error "The Application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way" which does not really help.

I can't get the return code since echo %errorlevel% returns 0.

I am using mingw and qt-creator, and used valgrind to get rid of memory leaks (which give a different error anyway).

I'd appreciate a hint to the right direction.

Thanks

tbscope
13th January 2011, 04:44
including the dll files which are needed (found them in my qt installation),

That might be a problem when you have two versions of a certain dll in your installation.
Some Qt versions include a different version for the tools. If you built your program with another version, chances are this might not work.

You can always use a good debugger and see where it might fail.

Beherit
13th January 2011, 10:50
It turns out the Sqlite driver was not being loaded. So an additional search fixed this issue for me.

Thanks for the reply.