PDA

View Full Version : Which data grid control to use in QT?

mak_user
17th January 2011, 04:58
Hi all,

I am C++ programmer, using MFC for developing application. I used my own data grid control in applications.
I have a need to develop application using QT and I need some information.

* Which "Data grid control" do you think is better for me to use leading by your expirience ?
* What software to use to design and generate reports from a data sources(something like crystal reports) ?

Could you please help me?
Thanks.

Kind Regards

high_flyer
18th January 2011, 09:18
* Which "Data grid control" do you think is better for me to use leading by your expirience ?
Depends on your needs.

mak_user
19th January 2011, 17:18
I am developing application that works with postgresql db. I need grid that will do db manipulation(reading and updating database) and shows tabels. I also need some printing class that will do print out of this grid(and other information by need).

wysota
19th January 2011, 17:59
Widgets don't do database manipulation. Use QTableView.

high_flyer
19th January 2011, 18:04
I am developing application that works with postgresql db. I need grid that will do db manipulation(reading and updating database) and shows tabels.
See the ModelView (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.7/model-view-programming.html) classes for that.
It is a bit long if this is your first time looking at it, but you can't avoid reading it if you want to use it correctly.

I also need some printing class that will do print out of this grid(and other information by need).
See QPrinter for that.