PDA

View Full Version : sd card

dmartino
18th January 2011, 15:45
Hi to everybody,

how can save file on SD Card with Qt (on Symbian device)?

Thanks!

squidge
18th January 2011, 18:10
In the same way as you would normally write a file to an SD card on Symbian device. Using Qt is no different.

dmartino
19th January 2011, 18:33
Hi,

first, thanks for reply.
Since I'm developing with Qt Creator I need to simulate, with Qt Simulator, the storage of file on sd card.
The only library that I found is QSystemStorageInfo which allow to know the name of logical device (Removable or Internal Drive) and their capability and usage, but I don't know how save a file on removable drive.
How can I know the path to access to removable drive? Moreover I have a dubt: Does Qt Creator use the "nameProjetc-build-simulator" directory to simulate the filesystem or sd card of a mobile device?

Many thanks!

wysota
19th January 2011, 18:49
QtCreator doesn't simulate anything.

dmartino
19th January 2011, 19:31
So, what should i use to fully simulate Qt application on mobile and/or Symbian device?

Thanks!

wysota
19th January 2011, 19:45
So, what should i use to fully simulate Qt application on mobile and/or Symbian device?
I don't know a tool that would be able to do that. Maybe qemu is able to do it. You need an emulator and not a simulator for that.

squidge
19th January 2011, 21:34
You can get a simulator for Symbian, but it doesn't attempt to do any emulation of the hardware. Ie, it will only run applications that are specifically compiled for running under the simulator.