PDA

View Full Version : Qt Designer How to create an array of objects??

dominate
22nd January 2011, 15:13
Hi,

I would like to know, if I can create an object array with the objects that I create with QDesigner.

For example, I put 20 of QLabel object; but QDesigner creates them as label1, label2, ..., label20; all with a different name. Of course, this makes harder to reach the objects. I want to put them in an array like QLabel label[20], so that I can reach all of them just by changing index. Can I do that?

(Related post was answered as "No" about 2.5 years ago, but I want to know if there is a change with Qt 4)

Related post: http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/12866-how-we-convert-no-of-pointer-objects-into-a-single-array

Thanks

squidge
22nd January 2011, 16:13
It's still the same as far as I'm aware. You can of course create the array in code and associate the objects at runtime, either by direct assignment (x[i] = label1) or using the methods of the main QObject and searching for them (QObject::children). If the labels in particular belong to a layout, the later is pretty easy as the only objects in the layout with be your labels.

Zlatomir
22nd January 2011, 16:34
Alternate way is that you create the array/QVector/QList of QLabel (and of course initialize the QLabels) in code (member in the same class as ui or ui*) and you can then add*** them to the rest of the form created with designer.

***you won't see them in designer, the add is done also in code, just add them to the layout you need or create a layout for them and parent the layout with the appropriate Widget from the ui.