PDA

View Full Version : Qt programming help

albasith
23rd January 2011, 12:55
I'm new to qt programming. I know c++. I need a book for qt programming. I found some of the books in internet, but it doesn't suitable for me. I want to know about the classes..etc. So,suggest a book for me.

Zlatomir
23rd January 2011, 13:01
See a discussion about books here (http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/37608-Best-Qt4-Books-in-2011)

And for C++ books you can search for Thinking in C++ there are two volumes free for download written by Bruce Eckel.

squidge
23rd January 2011, 14:26
If you want to know about the classes..etc, then I would suggest the documentation rather than a book. Typically by the time a book is written, published and available in the shops, a newer version of Qt has been released (or at least, thats what it seems like).

To learn Qt, I just used the documentation along with the examples and tutorials. Get an example, modify it until it stops working, and then figure out why it doesn't work. My preferred way of learning.

Of course, if you prefer books, theres nothing wrong with that. Everyone has there own ways.

javimoya
23rd January 2011, 14:38
I learned QT in this way:
- 1) reading the very basics in books. How to draw a window in qtcreator... signal and slot mechanism... Just a quick first approach.
- 2) explore all qt examples and demos (just run to see what QT can offers you)
- 3) read qt documentation about the subject you want to learn more.
- 4) advanced topics or problems in forums like this or in qt mailing list.
- 5) keep reading qt documentation.