PDA

View Full Version : Job woes

ComaWhite
28th January 2011, 02:48
This sucks. I can't seem to get a job doing Qt programming. I got rejected from KDAB due to lack of customer service experience. I apparently need a year of that. I applied at Nokia in Germany, through a mate that works there, but got rejected because lack of experience. He's going to see about any internship programme there. Since internships help you get experience entering a career path.

Hopefully, they have a position opened up so I can do that. Hope to gawd there is. Because honestly I don't know any other option. Both my mate said that Nokia liked my code and nothing was wrong with it, KDAB said the same thing.

nish
28th January 2011, 06:47
how much exp do you have in Qt, C++ and programming in general? Here in my country ppl with 1+ year in C++ and 6+months in Qt and selling like hot cakes!

ComaWhite
28th January 2011, 07:01
I have about 3 years in C++ and about 2-2½ in Qt.

nish
28th January 2011, 11:00
3 years in Qt/C++? Thats very good. Telling you from my experience, Sometimes there is a wave of opportunities coming, and sometimes its a dry desert. Keep looking, you will be absorbed into a good job, only C++ skill will get you there.