PDA

View Full Version : Oracle 8.0

magikalpnoi
29th September 2006, 00:09
Could someone tell me from start to finish how to install the Oracle 8.0 plugin and how to use it with QT? I tried the regular OCI driver but I don't think it works since it states that it only works with Oracle 9 and up. But I did try it and got nothing. I have the Oracle 8 client and have all of the include files but it still isn't working. I did everything like it says on http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/sql-driver.html but I think that because I have Oracle 8 this won't work. Help please!! Thank you very much in advance. Assume that I have Qt 4.2 installed and the only sql drivers I have installed are SQLITE. I assume that we would have to use the configure from the command line.

wysota
29th September 2006, 00:41
You could probably use ODBC to connect to your database. Of course you need to compile the driver first :) And to do that you need appropriate ODBC library (like UnixODBC). See configure -help for details. You have to provide a proper switch to turn the compilation of each driver on. As an alternative you can use instructions provided on the page you linked to in your post.

magikalpnoi
29th September 2006, 05:47
I'll try that out. Thank you very much. :D