PDA

View Full Version : :: error: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status (Windows 7, Qt Creator 4.7)

Halordain
9th February 2011, 21:50
Hi,

Using Qt Creator 4.7 (fresh download SDK out of box), I cannot build a project that builds fine in both VC++ Express 2008 and VS 2010. I had to remove hash_map<> and change it to the more standard map, and , still, I receive this error message:

Compile output looks like this:

Starting: "C:/Qt/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" -w
mingw32-make: Entering directory `C:/Qt/ChessBW-build-desktop'

C:/Qt/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug all

mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Qt/ChessBW-build-desktop'

g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o debug\ChessBW.exe object_script.ChessBW.Debug -L"c:\Qt\lib" -L"c:\Qt\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -lQtGuid4 -lQtCored4

mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/ChessBW-build-desktop'

mingw32-make: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/ChessBW-build-desktop'

Warning: .drectve `/manifestdependency:"type='win32' name='Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT' version='9.0.21022.8' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b'" /DEFAULTLIB:"uuid.lib" /DEFAULTLIB:"uuid.lib" /DEFAULTLIB:"msvcprtd" /manifestdependency:"type='win32' name='Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT' version='9.0.21022.8' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b'" /DEFAULTLIB:"MSVCRTD" /DEFAULTLIB:"OLDNAMES" ' unrecognized

c:\Qt\lib/qtmaind.lib(tmp/obj/debug_shared/qtmain_win.obj):(.text[?realloc@?$QVector@PAD@@AAEXHH@Z]+0x19): undefined reference to `__security_cookie'

c:\Qt\lib/qtmaind.lib(tmp/obj/debug_shared/qtmain_win.obj):(.text[?realloc@?$QVector@PAD@@AAEXHH@Z]+0x240): undefined reference to `_CxxThrowException@8'

c:\Qt\lib/qtmaind.lib(tmp/obj/debug_shared/qtmain_win.obj):(.text[?realloc@?$QVector@PAD@@AAEXHH@Z]+0x3b1): undefined reference to `_CxxThrowException@8'

c:\Qt\lib/qtmaind.lib(tmp/obj/debug_shared/qtmain_win.obj):(.text$x+0xd): undefined reference to `@__security_check_cookie@4'

c:\Qt\lib/qtmaind.lib(tmp/obj/debug_shared/qtmain_win.obj):(.text$x+0x17): undefined reference to `__CxxFrameHandler3'

c:\Qt\lib/qtmaind.lib(tmp/obj/debug_shared/qtmain_win.obj):(.data[??_R0?AVbad_alloc@std@@@8]+0x0): undefined reference to `??_7type_info@@6B@'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug\ChessBW.exe] Error 1

mingw32-make: *** [debug-all] Error 2

The process "C:/Qt/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" exited with code %2.
Error while building project ChessBW (target: Desktop)
When executing build step 'Make'

I looked in other threads, but all of the responses propose things I cannot do. Typing in qmake into a terminal (I don't have a terminal in Windows 7), checking mingw32, changing the path to gcc to 4.4... I have no idea where to do these things from Qt Creator, which does not appear to have any knob where I can just switch or check these things. Please help!

Thanks.

wysota
9th February 2011, 22:42
It seems you are using a makefile or a .pro file designed specifically for VS. Just look at the warnings related to VS runtime libraries. Run qmake, mingw32-make distclean, qmake and mingw32-make.

Halordain
9th February 2011, 23:09
"Run qmake, mingw32-make distclean, qmake and mingw32-make."

Thank you for your prompt reply, but...

...how do I "run"? I found a qmake EXE file in the Qt folder, and double-clicked on it, to no avail. Nothing happened. I couldn't find other executables.

As I said before, I'm not working in a terminal-ready environment, since I'm in Windows 7, so I can't just call up a linux kernel, navigate to some folder, and type run. I also don't know where the mingw32-make distclean executable is located. Please elaborate.

Thanks!

ChrisW67
9th February 2011, 23:13
Qt Creator Build menu, Rebuild All. Or do it step at a time Clean All, Run qmake, Build All.

wysota
9th February 2011, 23:26
Or open "Qt Command Prompt" from start menu and learn something else than clicking icons. Are you a developer or a luser?

Halordain
10th February 2011, 09:24
What an elitist remark. Not everybody knows the location of every function and command from birth.

wysota
10th February 2011, 19:13
It's not about "every" unction or command. It's about principles of doing things. If you know how to use command line in general, it won't be a problem for you to type yet another command, especially if someone points you to it.

squidge
10th February 2011, 23:35
What an elitist remark. Not everybody knows the location of every function and command from birth.

Correct, but I think I'll be backed up when I state that most developers know how to open a command prompt and navigate to a directory to run some commands - even if they only know a handful of such commands; because there are a LOT of development tools out there which require such an environment. Not everything can be point and click, specially when developing applications (plus a lot of developers hate using the mouse, as it is so infrequently used).