PDA

View Full Version : Widget removal after log in...

scott_hollen
12th February 2011, 15:01
Hello -

While I'm amazed at home much I've learned about Qt in the past month, I'm more amazed at how much more I need to learn...Learning to be humble and ask for advice too :)

If someone could point me to an example, I'd appreciate it, or recommend a better design, I'd appreciate that too...He's my issue...

I have a Qframe defined with group box and I'm prompting a user to enter username and password for DB verification...Hidden underneath this frame is 2 more widgets in the vein of the Config Dialog example...I have a slot connected to my "Login" PB on the login frame that is behaving as I need it to, but what I want to have happen is after a user has been properly verified, I need to have this login frame disappear and control sent to a specific stacked widget (I have 5 in the stack), but I have no idea 1) how to do it, 2) where to do it...I built this app with Designer so the only actual code to have been written is the slot, if that makes any difference (I suspect it might)

Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

scott_hollen
12th February 2011, 20:07
Okay, got the widget closed...Getting closer........

Added after 7 minutes:

Huh...Damn that was simple...All I had to do was close the following at the end of my login slot...Feel like a moron...There might be a cleaner way????

ui->LoginWidget->close ();
ui->AdminTabWidget->show ();
ui->OperationsTabWidget->close ();
ui->RigTabWidget->close ();
ui->SiteRiserTabWidget->close ();
ui->SolutionTabWidget->close ();