PDA

View Full Version : Install and integrate Qt4 with VC6 ?

aamer4yu
3rd October 2006, 08:58
Hi, I am new to using QT.
I have to use QT ( commercial edition) with Visual Studio 6

Can anybody help me stepwise how to install Qt4 and integrate it with Visual Studio 6 ?
Also how to build a application within the Studio environement ??

Aamer

munna
3rd October 2006, 10:49
On Windows, if you want to install the precompiled binary packages, simply launch the package and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.

If you have a commercial license, then download the VS Integration plugin and install.
This plugin will create a Qt toolbar in the visual studio IDE. Using this you can create a VC Project file from a .pro file.

aamer4yu
3rd October 2006, 10:54
where can i find the plugin ? I am not able to find it in the Qt site..

also if u have some book regarding writing QT applications in Visual Studio, help me out

thx
Aamer

munna
3rd October 2006, 11:10
It is not available to everyone. Only commercial license holders can download it.

If you have a commercial license then, you should also have a distribution url, a username and a password. Using these you can access the installers and the plugins.

also if u have some book regarding writing QT applications in Visual Studio, help me out

I don't think there is any book that talks specifically about Qt with Visual Studio.

Actually it is not all that difficult to integrate Qt with Visual Studio, specially with the plugin.