PDA

View Full Version : calendar

santhosh
16th February 2011, 08:42
Is it possible to add an event or a task or an appointment to a evolution calender?? Not manually. I just want to call the evolution Calendar API, and by means of some code i have to add events!! Give me some hints please!!

squidge
16th February 2011, 09:00
If the calendar in question supports an API that allows you to do such things then sure, why not?

Provide the code you have written so far and what part you are struggling with, and we may be able to help.

janorcutt
16th February 2011, 09:36
You could use the evolution libs to access a calendar. Try having a look here:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/libecal/stable/
http://library.gnome.org/devel/libedata-cal/stable/

Hope that helps

santhosh
7th March 2011, 07:40
i have created a Appointment application, it has a reminder ,the problem is when the application is closed,the reminder will not appear,i want it to appear even if the application is close,can u plz suggest me some idea....

marcvanriet
8th March 2011, 22:59
Hi,

Instead of closing the application, you could just hide it and add an Icon to the system tray area. There are Qt examples on how to do this.

If the application is too big to stay open, you could write a smaller 'reminder' application that stays active in the background, and which reads the events from a file, or through shared memory with the main application.

Best regards,
Marc

santhosh
9th March 2011, 12:13
thanks marc,

but marc this Appointment application itself is a part of text editor what i have created,so when the text editor is close, the reminder will not appear. Is there any solution for it?Plz help

squidge
9th March 2011, 13:25
Yes, write another application that stays in the background when text editor is closed.

santhosh
17th March 2011, 07:29
we set the reminder in the evolution calendar and close the calendar,later the reminder will appear in the desktop,i want my Appointment to be the same..

squidge
17th March 2011, 09:23
Yes, see above.

santhosh
17th March 2011, 10:59
What is the API to set the application in the background?

squidge
17th March 2011, 11:02
Hiding all your windows and possibly creating an icon in the system tray area. Thats it. There is no special API.