PDA

View Full Version : Long QFTP delay before first file download

cprokopiak
16th February 2011, 21:09
Hi,

I want to have the ability in my program to connect to a server and download some files using FTP. Originally, I used the QFTP example provided, but modified it to allow selecting and downloading of multiple files at once. The problem I have encountered is that after connecting to a server, the very first file I download, whether I have selected only one file or multiple files, does not seem to respond for a couple of minutes. The QProgressDialog window appears, but the progress bar does not move across the window. After about 6-10 minutes, the file will download as it should. Any further files I download while still connected to the server will download immediately.

Thinking that perhaps my customization changed some aspect of the class, I went and tested the QFTP example. The same thing happens with the first file downloaded.

Are there settings on the server that could be interfering with establishing a connection for the first file? Or settings to change in QFTP? Using ftp in a terminal works normally.

Both my local machine and the server are running Linux.

Thanks in advance.