PDA

View Full Version : "Unresolved External" error while building QtCreator

Radioguy00
18th February 2011, 01:23
I am building Qt creator from the Qt Creator 2.0.1 Sources files and the Qt4.7.1 libraries binaries. The build is in release mode
The build platform is Windows with Mingw / gcc 4.4.0
Everything seems fine, until the following link error occurs while attempting to build the file "help.exe".
There is no "missing library" errors, I am using the make file which came with the Qt Creator source, so what I suspect is that I am linking against the wrong version of the Qt libraries for Qt Creator. What version of Qt does QtCreator needs in order to be built properly? Any other idea?

Thanks

g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup
-Wl,-enable-auto-import
-Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc
-Wl,-s -mthreads
-Wl -shared
-Wl,--out-implib,m:/_Exchange/Qt/qt-creator-2.0.1-build/lib/qtcreator/plugins/Nokia/libHelp.a
-o ../../../lib/qtcreator/plugins/Nokia/Help.dll
object_script.Help.Release
-L'c:/Qt/4.7.1/lib' -LM:/_Exchange/Qt/qt-creator-2.0.1-build/lib/qtcreator
-LM:/_Exchange/Qt/qt-creator-2.0.1-build/lib/qtcreator/plugins/Nokia
-lAggregation -lExtensionSystem -lUtils -lBotan -lNet7ssh -lCore -lFind -lQtConcurrent
-lLocator -lQtHelp4 -lQtSql4 -lQtXml4 -lQtGui4 -lQtNetwork4 -lQtCore4

Creating library file: m:/_Exchange/Qt/qt-creator-2.0.1-build/lib/qtcreator/plugins/Nokia/libHelp.a

./release/centralwidget.o:centralwidget.cpp:(.text+0x428): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK8QWebView5printEP8QPrinter'

./release/centralwidget.o:centralwidget.cpp:(.text+0xf34): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK8QWebView5printEP8QPrinter'

./release/generalsettingspage.o:generalsettingspage.cpp:(.te xt+0x24e): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12QWebSettings14globalSettingsEv'
./release/generalsettingspage.o:generalsettingspage.cpp:(.te xt+0x25f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK12QWebSettings8fontSizeENS_8FontSizeE'
./release/generalsettingspage.o:generalsettingspage.cpp:(.te xt+0x36e): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12QWebSettings14globalSettingsEv'
./release/generalsettingspage.o:generalsettingspage.cpp:(.te xt+0x37f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK12QWebSettings8fontSizeENS_8FontSizeE'
./release/helpplugin.o:helpplugin.cpp:(.text+0x8056): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK8QWebView4pageEv'
./release/helpplugin.o:helpplugin.cpp:(.text+0x805f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK8QWebPage9mainFrameEv'
./release/helpplugin.o:helpplugin.cpp:(.text+0x806f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK9QWebFrame15documentElementEv'
./release/helpplugin.o:helpplugin.cpp:(.text+0x8091): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11QWebElementD1Ev'
./release/helpplugin.o:helpplugin.cpp:(.text+0x80b6): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK11QWebElement7findAllERK7QString
./release/helpplugin.o:helpplugin.cpp:(.text+0x80db): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN21QWebElementCollectionD1Ev'
./release/helpplugin.o:helpplugin.cpp:(.text+0x80e1): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11QWebElementD1Ev'
./release/helpplugin.o:helpplugin.cpp:(.text+0x80ed): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN21QWebElementCollectionC1ERKS_'
./release/helpplugin.o:helpplugin.cpp:(.text+0x810a): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK21QWebElementCollection5countEv'
./release/helpplugin.o:helpplugin.cpp:(.text+0x8120): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11QWebElementD1Ev'
./release/helpplugin.o:helpplugin.cpp:(.text+0x8134): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN21QWebElementCollectionD1Ev'

and so on.....

Radioguy00
19th February 2011, 13:32
More details.
If I build Qt creator against the libraries which come with the SDK, then it compiles/link OK.
If I use either 4.7.0 or 4.7.1 in the mingw.exe binary format available on ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/qt/source then this link error ocurs. Note that all the executable/dll created before help.dll are created OK

Thanks