PDA

View Full Version : [QT3.3.3.] [VC++6.0] [LINK ERRROR LNK1143] Too many widgets ?

yellowmat
27th January 2006, 14:28
Hi,

So another issu today, :o ... this time it is a link error LNK 1143.

I was developping my application which contains a lots of widgets adn every thing was going well untill I had just a couple of widgets, then I had this error.

multiframemainwindow.obj : fatal error LNK1143: invalid or corrupt file: no symbol for comdat section 0xffff8000

MSDN says it is due to a corrupt file or invalid file but I don't think so because when I remove the couple of widgets previously added, every thing goes well again.

I have heard that sometime, when an application has too many variables or needs too many memory crashes occured ... but if it was the case I should have an associated messages from the compiler no ?

Did someone had the same problem or have a clue for me ?

zlatko
27th January 2006, 15:32
i think if you show us a couple of code solving will be faster:)

yellowmat
27th January 2006, 15:34
I used QT Designer for the graphical interface.

There are many lines of code, what do you wish to check ?

blue.death
27th January 2006, 17:51
From MSDN:

Linker Tools Error LNK1143

Error Message
invalid or corrupt file: no symbol for COMDAT section number

This error can be caused if the object file is corrupt.

Rebuild the file.

See Corrupt Object File for more information.

--> try cleaning and rebuilding the project or just delete the corrupted obj file so it will be rebuilt.

yellowmat
28th January 2006, 17:12
I've seen this note on MSDN site, thanks, but I did it and the problem still remains.

I think it is probable due to the high number of variables that my application contains.

As soon as I have th solution, I'll write it down in the forum but it might take some time.