PDA

View Full Version : qled installation

marco.stanzani
23rd February 2011, 11:25
hello, it looks like this is aplace for dummy questions, so here i am :-)

i am working under windows xp and i already successfully installed qt 4.7.1

i got the qtled custom widget plugin package from http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php?content=72482 and i am trying to follow the INSTALL file contents

INSTALLING your custom widget plugin

1. Uncompress the file info a working directory

2. Type qmake <plugin_name.pro>

3. Type make

4. Type make install

5. That's all, your Qt custom widget plugin is installed. You can run Qt Designer
and you will find the plugin icon in Designer left tollbar

step 1.and 2. work fine. troubles stats with 3 and 4.: windows does not provide make so i got gnu make for win32 but this does not work (i get a missings eparator error at line 65). which make should i use? how do i install the plugin?

thanks in advance

tbscope
24th February 2011, 06:08
For step 3, you need to know what compiler was used to build your version of Qt and the Qt tools (like designer).
If it is Visual Studio, you might want to use nmake. If it was mingw32, you might want to use something like mingw32-make (you have to look in the mingw32/bin folder to find the correct name, although there might be a symbolic link too so you can just call make).

Don't forget to set the mingw32 bin folder in your PATH environment variable. Otherwise you will always need to enter the whole path to the mingw32 make program.

Due to name mangeling differences between compilers, you can not just mix and match compilers (unfortunatly).

marco.stanzani
24th February 2011, 16:17
thx tbscobe
i followed your suggestion and nmake seems to do the job
unfortunately

5. That's all, your Qt custom widget plugin is installed. You can run Qt Designer
and you will find the plugin icon in Designer left tollbar

but i cannot see the plugin icon in Designer left tollbar ...

i am looking more carefully at the process

ciao