PDA

View Full Version : Linking to specific PNG JPEG and TIFF libraries when building Qt

lfiaschi
23rd February 2011, 17:26
Hi All,
I'm trying to build the Qt framework from source on Mac OS X leopard and I have various version of libpng.dylib libtiff.dylib libjpeg.dylib installed on different places in my system. I would like to link Qt to some specific version of this libraries. How could I do that?

If I don't do nothing i noticed that it just link to the first one into the path.
Could somebody clarify me if setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH before launching the configuration script make any difference?

Thanks!

cincirin
25th February 2011, 13:18
I just want to report the same problem on linux(ubuntu), because on the windows works well. I have my applcation linked with latest version of GDAL, which don't have the same libpng version as Qt. My application project looks like:

QT -= core gui
GDALDIR = LIBS/GDAL/gdal-1.8
LIBS = -L$$GDALLIBDIR -lGDAL

When I try to open png file, libnpg say that it's linked with a newer version. Indeed when I debugged my application, it use the libpng open file function from Qt/3dparty/png instead of my GDAL. On windows platform works just fine.

Can someone explain how to solve this problem ?