PDA

View Full Version : libQtGui_debug.so.4 missing

fwohlfert
5th October 2006, 17:21
Hello,
I just installed qt-opensource-4.2.0, I had 4.0.1 previously, but I am now working with MySql 5.0 and needed to reinstall the driver as the old driver has a problem with decimals in 5.0

I have done the install, I ran configure -qt-sql-driver-mysql -I/usr/include/mysql

everything "seemed" to work, but when I try to run a program that I had started to code last week, it now gets an error "libQtGui_debug.so.4: cannot open shared object, no such file"

I can find /usr/local/Trolltech/lib/libQtGui.so.4.2.0.debug ??? Did I miss something with the names?
When I ran the configure I just accepted most of the defaults, did I miss something?
This is only the second time I have tried to build qt, so any help is gratefully accepted.
Thanks
Fred Wohlfert

jacek
5th October 2006, 18:26
Is /usr/local/Trolltech/lib/ directory listed in /etc/ld.so.conf (or its equivalent)?

fwohlfert
5th October 2006, 20:07
I am running linux (fc3) and the install doc said it was not necessary to update LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

However, when I finally woke up and tried to recompile I got errors. Deleted the Makefile and ran qmake over, then make, AND IT WORKS!

I dont understand, but I have something different!

Thanks