PDA

View Full Version : configure fails if .svn folders exist

rrabien
27th February 2011, 22:11
I'm building Qt on Win7 with MSVC2008. To keep track of my changes, I'm putting Qt into my subversion repository.

However, if .svn folders exist in /mkspecs/default and /mkspecs-win32-msvc2008 then configure fails to run with the error 'Couldn't update default mkspec'

If I move the .svn folders, configure, then replace them, I can then build.

Is this a know issue? Is there any easier work around?

stampede
27th February 2011, 22:17
To keep track of my changes, I'm putting Qt into my subversion repository
What kind of changes ? Are you working on Qt code, modifying it ?

rrabien
27th February 2011, 22:23
I'm applying the changes found here http://osdir.com/ml/kde-multimedia/2009-05/msg00050.html so I can change the video playback rate using Phonon.

stampede
28th February 2011, 07:47
if .svn folders exist in /mkspecs/default and /mkspecs-win32-msvc2008 then configure fails
Simple solution - do not add those folders to repository. You are changing only the source code anyway ( are you modifying qplatformdefs.h ? ).

rrabien
28th February 2011, 14:25
Ok, that brings up a better question. What should be added to the repository and what is created by the configure/build process? What is the minimum I can add that another developer can checkout and build?

stampede
28th February 2011, 15:16
I've just made some tests, looks like "mkspecs/default" is generated during configure process, so you don't have to add it.
For the .svn folders, I could not reproduce the "configure" error, it seems like configure.exe is ignoring them (using WinXP).
Does this error also exists when you specify target platform for configure.exe (-platform win32-<compiler> switch, see README for full list ) ?