PDA

View Full Version : Web Based Application to Access Oracle Database - Ur suggestion highly awaited

swamyonline
2nd March 2011, 06:31
hi,
presently, the database (tables..) are accessed with an application designed in VC++ 6 with ODBC support. the new requirement is to design a web (browser) based application to access the database and do the operations as done by the earlier application. The platform is windows at both (clients and server) ends. I request you to suggest best options to consider to design this application. And this new application will also provide support for GIS (presenting the accessed data on a map, charts etc). Kindly, ponder some points regarding this.
thank you in advance.

swamy.

squidge
2nd March 2011, 07:47
Personally, I wouldn't use Qt for this but instead PHP and/or ASP, as those are the ones I have the most experience, knowledge and ready to use code for, and the most support on web servers.

What languages do you know with regards to web based applications? This will obviously have a major impact on what you use to develop such an application.

Lesiok
2nd March 2011, 09:53
If using Qt is mandatory try FEAST (http://www.clausmark.com/index.php/feast.html). We are using this since one year in multi OS environment (Windows/Linuks) with Java and Qt clients.