PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Qt Plugin that returns a Video Player using libvlc

rayner
2nd March 2011, 20:21
Hello, I'm trying to make a Qt Plugin that have a method that returns a QWidget subclass, this widget should render a media using libvlc. Libvlc works fine for me in other project that is not a plugin, but when I try to create a plugin whit the "same" code and load it in other application, the plugin loader gives me the errorString "Can not find the specified module". It happens when I use at least one of libvlc functions in my plugin. If somebody knows what could be, please tell me. Thanks.

high_flyer
3rd March 2011, 12:41
the plugin loader gives me the errorString "Can not find the specified module"
it is probable that you are dealing with at least two different problems.
To simplify things do the following:
1. Create an "empty" plugin which does not have external dependencies (not linking to libvlc), and have it load successfully in your application.
2. Once you know that your plugin setup is correct and working, add the specific code you need it to perform, and the additional dependencies (libvlc).
Don't forget, that your plugin will always will have to be able to link to libvlc and know where it libvlc is, unless you build your plugin statically against libvlc.