PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator 2.1.0 and Qt 4.7.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.6

agarny
4th March 2011, 16:07
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone had tried the latest Qt Creator 2.1.0 and Qt 4.7.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.6 from the recently released Qt SDK 1.1 Beta (though it has beta in its name, I understand that both Qt Creator 2.1.0 and Qt 4.7.2 are final release versions)? I indeed seem to be having to get things to work properly.

I reinstalled Mac OS X on my MacBook Air yesterday, and I have just reinstalled Xcode and now Qt SDK 1.1 Beta. Now, when starting Qt Creator, I get the following message:

GLSLEditor
Could not resolve dependency 'Core(2.1.81)'
Could not resolve dependency 'TextEditor(2.1.81)'
Could not resolve dependency 'ProjectExplorer(2.1.81)'
Macros
Could not resolve dependency 'Core(2.1.81)'
Could not resolve dependency 'Locator(2.1.81)'
Could not resolve dependency 'Find(2.1.81)'
QmlJSTools
Could not resolve dependency 'ProjectExplorer(2.1.81)'
Could not resolve dependency 'Locator(2.1.81)'
Could not resolve dependency 'CppTools(2.1.81)'Also, if I try to build my application from the command line (using CMake), everything goes apparently smoothly until the very end when I get the following messages:

ERROR: file copy failed from "/Developer/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/472/gcc/lib/QtGui.framework/Resources/qt_menu.nib/classes.nib"
ERROR: to "OpenCOR.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Resources/qt_menu.nib/classes.nib"
ERROR: file copy failed from "/Developer/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/472/gcc/lib/QtGui.framework/Resources/qt_menu.nib/info.nib"
ERROR: to "OpenCOR.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Resources/qt_menu.nib/info.nib"
ERROR: file copy failed from "/Developer/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/472/gcc/lib/QtGui.framework/Resources/qt_menu.nib/keyedobjects.nib"
ERROR: to "OpenCOR.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Resources/qt_menu.nib/keyedobjects.nib"From there, if I try to run my application, I get the following:

objc[4863]: Class QCocoaColorPanelDelegate is implemented in both /Users/Alan/OpenCOR/build/OpenCOR.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui and /Users/Alan/OpenCOR/build/OpenCOR.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/Current/QtGui. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is QtSingleApplication(0x7fff5fbff860), parent's thread is QThread(0x103b12500), current thread is QThread(0x103d27dd0)
QCoreApplication::applicationFilePath: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is QtLocalPeer(0x103d2bb90), parent's thread is QThread(0x103d27dd0), current thread is QThread(0x103b12500)
QCoreApplication::applicationFilePath: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
QCoreApplication::arguments: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
QPixmap::scaled: Pixmap is a null pixmap
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionNew_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionSaveAll_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionSaveAs_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionSave_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionCloseAll_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionClose_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionReopen_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionOpen_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionCellML11File_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionCellML10File_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionFullScreen_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionSystem_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionEnglish_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionFrench_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionHomePage_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionCellMLHomePage_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionUpdates_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionAbout_triggered()
QObject::moveToThread: Current thread (0x103b12500) is not the object's thread (0x103b472e0).
Cannot move to target thread (0x103b12500)

On Mac OS X, you might be loading two sets of Qt binaries into the same process. Check that all plugins are compiled against the right Qt binaries. Export DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES=1 and check that only one set of binaries are being loaded.
QWidget: Cannot create a QWidget when no GUI is being used
./runproj: line 23: 4863 Abort trap build/OpenCOR.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenCOR $*I guess it's worth pointing out that it used to work all fine with Qt Creator 2.0.1 and Qt 4.7.0. Also, using Qt Creator 2.1.0 and Qt 4.7.2, everything is fine on Windows 7 and Linux Mint. So, I am starting to wonder what might be wrong on Mac OS X...

Cheers, Alan.

agarny
4th March 2011, 17:11
Regarding the errors I get during compilation, I have found out that it's as a result of using macdeployqt... (!?) Also, the crazy thing is that the files are actually being properly copied... (!?)

wingsandsky
6th March 2011, 00:23
I have the same problem. I uninstall my owl qt sdk (with qt creator 4.7) & i install the beta of qt 1.1 but i have exactly the same problems. Ah! and photoshop doesn't integrate with the 'export qml' option. I'm on MAC OS X 10.6.6

Added after 16 minutes:

I have the same problem. I uninstall my owl qt sdk (with qt creator 4.7) & i install the beta of qt 1.1 but i have exactly the same problems. Ah! and photoshop doesn't integrate with the 'export qml' option. I'm on MAC OS X 10.6.6

I Solve the problem going to maintance mode (on QtSDK folder, on the root) and updating the QT Creator IDE

Added after 4 minutes:

Added after 16 minutes:

I Solve the problem going to maintance mode (on QtSDK folder, on the root) and updating the QT Creator IDE

But i can't get the integration with Photoshop =S

agarny
6th March 2011, 00:27
Yes, indeed the Qt Creator problem goes away after the update. I, however, still have the problem with macdeployqt, as further discussed in this thread (http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/39360-Qt-4.7.2-Definitely-something-wrong-with-macdeployqt). In fact, it seems like it might be a bug which I was asked to file, and which I did here (http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-17959).

wingsandsky
6th March 2011, 00:32
Oh! i don't know about that issue. I already get working the integration with Photoshop ;)

agarny
6th March 2011, 11:28
Oh! i don't know about that issue. I already get working the integration with Photoshop ;)For your information, I have personally ditched Qt SDK Beta 1.1. As I have been told here (http://developer.qt.nokia.com/forums/viewthread/4249/), there may be something wrong with the packaging of Qt SDK 1.1 which after all is still beta even though both Qt and Qt Creator are not.

Anyway, the point is that you might want to uninstall all of Qt SDK 1.1 and individually install Qt 4.7.2 (http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/qt-for-open-source-cpp-development-on-mac-os-x) and Qt Creator 2.1.0 (http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/qt-creator-binary-for-mac). This is what I ended up doing and, now, everything works as expected. :D