PDA

View Full Version : mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.Debug'. Stop.

MattPhillips
5th March 2011, 08:15
This has popped up for me from time to time as I've switched between different versions of Qt (debug/release/static/dll) on Windows 7 and through recent upgrades. I'm getting it now (and don't remember what I did for it in the past, beyond that it required a lot of fiddling around). Preceding this error message, qmake does this:

WARNING: Unable to generate output for: C:/Users/matt/qwtplot3d-0.2.7/qwtplot3d/examples/simpleplot//Makefile.Debug [TEMPLATE vcapp]

I found another thread, http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/35799-building-for-symbian-device-error-No-rule-to-make-target-MAKEFILE_0XE587C205.MK, that addresses a problem like this for Symbian, but I don't feel like it should be necessary to move files around to solve this. If someone could explain this to me that would be great.

Matt

MattPhillips
5th March 2011, 18:23
I'm pretty sure it's a static/shared conflict between Qt and Qwt, starting to recall the last time this happened. Haven't fixed it yet though.