QTimer::singleShot(3000, splash, SLOT(close()));
return a.exec();
it is running fine on my C7 & c5 but not running on my 6120 nor n95
why???
thanks
Ram

wysota
6th March 2011, 12:24
Please be more specific about what you mean by "not running".

ram4soft
6th March 2011, 14:41
Dear wysota,
this is the third or the forth post for me and you are writing the same comment "be more specific" !!!!!!!!!!!
you can guess and suggest solutions for problems related to the case that may prevent running fine without a need for more details
any way "not running" means that the splash image screen doesn't been displayed and i can't enter/exit the app. in other words it shows full screen without images.
thanks

wysota
6th March 2011, 14:46
Dear wysota,
this is the third or the forth post for me and you are writing the same comment "be more specific" !!!!!!!!!!!
Then be more specific without me telling you to do so.

you can guess and suggest solutions for problems related to the case that may prevent running fine without a need for more details
any way "not running" means that the splash image screen doesn't been displayed and i can't enter/exit the app. in other words it shows full screen without images.
thanks
If I were to guess, "not running" would mean the program was not executing at all. I'm investing my free time to help you so it is in your best interest to provide enough information. Otherwise next time I might just not bother to write "be more specific" and simply ignore your post.

If the image is not showing then maybe you forgot to deploy the jpeg image plugin? What does the following return?

QPixmap(":/images/SPLASH-SCREEN.jpg").isNull()

ram4soft
6th March 2011, 14:58
Sorry wysota,
i appreciate your time and your help for us in the forum but i just wanted you to be more helpful with the newbies who are lazy like me :(

i used the "isNull" and returned false which means that the image is already exist.
Note: the same code is running without problems in other further series of symbian devices
thanks

wysota
6th March 2011, 16:12
And if you change lines #4 and #5 to only call plain old show()?