PDA

View Full Version : I have to reload QTcreator to re-build a plugin

tonnot
10th March 2011, 18:20
I build my plugin and all is fine.
I make some corrections and when build it again, QTCreator tells me that 'cannot acces to myplugin.dll'????
I have to close and reopen QTcreator, and then I can build the pluging
Any idea ?
Thanks

wysota
10th March 2011, 23:41
Windows uses mandatory exclusive locking when running binaries. If a binary using your dll is running, you can't overwrite the dll file.

tonnot
11th March 2011, 07:00
Thanks wysota, but I have no program running.
I have the main program, I test my changes, work on my dll again and try to build again, but I cannot rebuild If I dont 're-run' qtcreator.

wysota
11th March 2011, 08:31
Thanks wysota, but I have no program running.
Isn't Creator a program? Isn't an app that you run within it a program?

I have the main program, I test my changes, work on my dll again and try to build again, but I cannot rebuild If I dont 're-run' qtcreator.
So what does the dll do exactly?

tonnot
11th March 2011, 09:41
The dll is a plugin, excuse me. My problem is with custom widget plugins.
I can compile a simple dll, made changes and compile again, but I cannot do the same with my plugins...
Thanks

wysota
11th March 2011, 09:45
The dll is a plugin, excuse me. My problem is with custom widget plugins.
So it is a plugin for Creator/Designer, right? So the "program" I was talking about is Creator/Designer. If the plugin gets loaded into Creator (say, by opening an .ui file in Creator), it stays open until you close Creator.

tonnot
11th March 2011, 09:55
Thanks Wysota.
I understand your explanation. I close all the files and forms opened by QTcreator, but it does not fix the problem: I must to close and re-run Qtcreator.
Is there any way to 'reset' QtCreator without closing and reopening it ?

wysota
11th March 2011, 12:26
I understand your explanation.
No, you don't. I clearly stated what causes the issue, there is nothing more to be added to the subject.

tonnot
11th March 2011, 12:45
Conclusion :
If you want to develop a plugin with QTCreator, every time you want to build and test it you must to re-run Qtcreator ?

wysota
11th March 2011, 12:49
No.... but for you - yes.

tonnot
11th March 2011, 12:56
You wrote :

So it is a plugin for Creator/Designer, right? So the "program" I was talking about is Creator/Designer. If the plugin gets loaded into Creator (say, by opening an .ui file in Creator), it stays open until you close Creator.
it stays open until you close Creator
So :

Conclusion :
If you want to develop a plugin with QTCreator, every time you want to build and test it you must to re-run Qtcreator ?
And you answer :

No.... but for you - yes.
No... Means that there is a trick ?

wysota
11th March 2011, 13:22
There is no trick. There is logic though.