PDA

View Full Version : Problems with release build

murtuzakabul
11th March 2011, 09:42
Hi all,

I am using QTCreator for QT project. The project builds fine and everything works great unless I try to build release configuration.

The problem is, some how, qmake is unable to produce release build at all. I tried out various methods but failed miserably. Can anyone suggest me a workaround ?

mcosta
11th March 2011, 10:46
Have you installed release version of Qt libraries?

nightghost
11th March 2011, 12:19
Any error messages? What do you mean with "failed"? Operating System? Qt Version?...

murtuzakabul
12th March 2011, 07:41
Yes, I have installed debug-and-release version. I think I should also share some further information. My project used to build properly in both debug and release mode previously. Later I added SQL module to project which I think is the prime suspect for problem. Moreover, the project still builds in debug version fine and runs properly. While attempting the release build, it proceeds for building but no output is generated in release folder and no error is thrown by the compiler.

I have few questions which might help in pointing out the issue.
- Is it possible that adding a debug version of any of the module might cause failure to build release version for entire project
- Is there any specific qmake switches which forces building release version

I use QTCreator for my projects. I have moved to it recently on release of the new ide before that I used to use visual studio express version to compile my projects.

The toolchain I am using is MSVC2010 Compiler with windows SDK.