PDA

View Full Version : Designing QT application, is this the right way to do it?

janton
11th March 2011, 14:05
Hey All,

I have a friend who is pritty good with photoshop he likes to help me designing the application I work on. He normally designs websites but i guess the difference is not that big if you have a feeling for design and usability. This is the first time and i'm new to QT also. Luckally qss is somewhere simular with css and i know how to handle this.

So my approach now is:

1.)Photoshop
-Design example's for every page in the application.
-Design a Grid or called widget-style: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/widgets-styles.html

2.)Export to css or qss like i would "normally" do for a website. But than ofcourse a bit different...

I read about Photoshop to QML but i already have a interface else i think i need to rewrite everything... So i think best option would be qss

Also:
What if i use buttons with text inside it (because special effect and font etc.) And i want to make the program multilaguage, is it possible to have different buttons for other languages? (because of the text that's in the image)

wysota
11th March 2011, 17:51
I read about Photoshop to QML but i already have a interface else i think i need to rewrite everything... So i think best option would be qss
Seems like a reasonable approach.

What if i use buttons with text inside it (because special effect and font etc.) And i want to make the program multilaguage, is it possible to have different buttons for other languages? (because of the text that's in the image)
Yes, it's possible. If you use the resource system for storing images, you can store multiple images for diferent languages with the same alias and decide during run time which one to choose.