PDA

View Full Version : QListWidget graphical glitch

skepticalgeek
14th March 2011, 07:30
I am experiencing a strange graphical glitch with a QListWidget. The list widget is part of a custom control. I have a custom color pallet, of white text on a black background. Works fine on the development machine. On 2 different deployment machines, it appears as white text on a white background. This only happens on the Linux version, the Windows version is fine. I tried using a style sheet, no difference. This is also a new problem. I have installed this app on Linux machines before and it was fine. This happened when I installed a new version. What is even weirder is that the code that displays this widget wasn't changed from one version to the next. Any ideas you have would be appreciated.

wysota
14th March 2011, 08:41
How do you adjust the looks of the widget?

skepticalgeek
14th March 2011, 15:57
You don't. The entire thing is done in a hight contrast theme, with white text, buttons, etc. on a black background.

If I try to change the theme on the Ubuntu deployment machine to High Contrast Inverse, the list widgets appear correctly, but the frames disappear, as do the letters on the round buttons at the top. Thanks.

wysota
14th March 2011, 18:52
You don't.
What do you mean "you don't"? You said you were applying a custom palette.

skepticalgeek
14th March 2011, 21:23
Sorry, misunderstood. The user does not change the look of the widget. I changed it by setting a custom palate in Qt Creator, setting Window and Base to black, and Text, WindowText, etc. to white. When the problem appeared, I tried using a stylesheet with background as black and color as white. No difference.

Sorry about the infraction. Did not know the correct procedure for inserting an image into a post. I can't insert them now since I am at my work PC, but if you want to see them I can post them later.

wysota
14th March 2011, 22:18
What widgets have you set the custom palette on?

skepticalgeek
15th March 2011, 08:22
The custom widget consists of a Frame, several Labels, and a List Widget. I applied the custom pallet to the frame, and the labels inherited it correctly. I had to manually set it for the list though. Anyway, here are the screenshots. The first is how the screen is supposed to look, and how it actually looks on the development machine, as well as the Windows deployment machine. The second is what is showing up on the Linux deployment machine. Also, previous Linux versions of this app appeared correctly, it is only the most recent update where this is happening, and the code for this widget did not change between one version and the next.60916090

wysota
15th March 2011, 10:28
Did you apply the palette to the views' viewports?

skepticalgeek
15th March 2011, 16:22
I don't know what that is or how to do that. I just used the tool in Qt Creator to assign custom colors to the various object properties.

wysota
15th March 2011, 23:34
I don't know what that is or how to do that.
Then maybe you should get familiar with 'that'.