PDA

View Full Version : QT Compile: Error status 1

steve.bush
14th March 2011, 20:12
I am getting Error exit status 1 when I compile all projects.

Here is the terminal log:

g++ -m64 -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/stow/qt/i386_linux26/qt-4.7.2/lib -o RSS mainwindow.o moc_mainwindow.o -L/usr/local/stow/qt/i386_linux26/qt-4.7.2/lib -lQtWebKit -lQtGui -L/usr/local/stow/qt/i386_linux26/qt-4.7.2/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lQtCore -lpthread
mainwindow.o: In function `MainWindow::replyFinished(QNetworkReply*)':
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x1fce): undefined reference to `QDomDocument::QDomDocument()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2013): undefined reference to `QDomDocument::setContent(QString const&, bool, QString*, int*, int*)'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x20ce): undefined reference to `QDomDocument::~QDomDocument()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x20f1): undefined reference to `QDomDocument::documentElement() const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2128): undefined reference to `QDomElement::elementsByTagName(QString const&) const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x21f0): undefined reference to `QDomElement::elementsByTagName(QString const&) const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2207): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::item(int) const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x221f): undefined reference to `QDomNode::firstChild() const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x222f): undefined reference to `QDomNode::nodeValue() const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2237): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2244): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2251): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::~QDomNodeList()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x22a1): undefined reference to `QDomElement::elementsByTagName(QString const&) const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x22b6): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::item(int) const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x22c9): undefined reference to `QDomNode::firstChild() const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x22d9): undefined reference to `QDomNode::nodeValue() const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x22e1): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x22e9): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x22f1): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::~QDomNodeList()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2820): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x282d): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x283e): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::length() const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x285f): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::item(int) const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2874): undefined reference to `QDomNode::toElement() const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x28a8): undefined reference to `QDomElement::elementsByTagName(QString const&) const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x28bf): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::item(int) const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x28d4): undefined reference to `QDomNode::firstChild() const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x28e9): undefined reference to `QDomNode::nodeValue() const'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x28f6): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2903): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2910): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::~QDomNodeList()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2a99): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::~QDomNodeList()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2aa6): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2c59): undefined reference to `QDomDocument::~QDomDocument()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2cd5): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2ce2): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2cef): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::~QDomNodeList()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2cfc): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2d1a): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::~QDomNodeList()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2d2a): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2d3a): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2fab): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::~QDomNodeList()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2fbe): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x2fd1): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x303f): undefined reference to `QDomNodeList::~QDomNodeList()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x3052): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
mainwindow.cpp:(.text+0x3060): undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [RSS] Error 1

unit
14th March 2011, 21:05
maybe you need add xml to QT in your pro file ?

Rhayader
14th March 2011, 21:05
Since the "undefined reference" are in QtXml module have you put QT += xml on your .pro file?
Or did you miss an #include <QtXml> ?

steve.bush
14th March 2011, 22:47
I have use the qmake -project to generate the pro file. And yes, the file has QT += xml

ChrisW67
15th March 2011, 00:06
The compile command you executed does not attempt to link libQtXml (just core, webkit and gui) which implies that xml was added to the PRO file after qmake was last run.
I suggest you execute:

make clean
qmake
make

steve.bush
17th March 2011, 00:30
Fixed! The problem was with the project file.