PDA

View Full Version : Settings in windows

kurrachow
15th March 2011, 14:39
Here is my scenario:

i have kde based source of an application which i am trying to port to windows.

well i didnt find out an way to include kde included files in windows so i am be writing the code for windows...

i am stuck up at a situation .In the project in linux they used a kcfg file for settings and had a kconfigdialog for setting window .

how do i do this in windows . Please help me on this

or can u tell me how to include or build kde application on windows

wysota
15th March 2011, 16:07
You can build KDE for Windows, you don't need to port anything.

kurrachow
15th March 2011, 17:01
its very good to hear that.But the thing is i need to change some code build it again and deploy it.

Now How to get the kde header files to qt and how to link them

i am noobie can u tell me how.

Thanx

wysota
15th March 2011, 17:08
The easiest way is to download a binary installer from windows.kde.org (http://windows.kde.org) and run it.

kurrachow
15th March 2011, 17:11
its very good to hear that.But the thing is i need to change some code build it again and deploy it in windows

Now How to get the kde header files to qt and how to link them

i downloaded the installer got the bins and lib now in windows , in qt creator how do i include kde header like kapplication.h

Thanx

wysota
16th March 2011, 00:36
its very good to hear that.But the thing is i need to change some code build it again and deploy it in windows
Then download the sources and build them yourself.

i downloaded the installer got the bins and lib now in windows , in qt creator how do i include kde header like kapplication.h
Exactly the same way you include other headers.

kurrachow
16th March 2011, 04:35
Exactly the same way you include other headers.

how do i do that .... i mean if i include say kappliaction.h it has dependencies like kmacros etc

now the way is that i learnt is to add an INCLUDEPATH in the .pro and point it to the directory where the source resides...

is that the way or do i need to include the libs. if so how..

thank you

kurrachow
17th March 2011, 12:45
can anybody tell me excatly how to include kde header files in qt projects on windows

wysota
18th March 2011, 01:28
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started