PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Qt Plugins not working

gbagerry
15th March 2011, 19:02
I running Ubuntu and Eclipse(Helios 3.5.2).
I have followed the instructions to install the Qt (4.6.1) plugins. I can see the plugins in /usr/lib/eclipse/plugins.

When I do a New Project, I do not get a Qt wizard.

When I look at the Help Menu:About Eclipse SDK:Installation Details:Plugins, I do not see "Qt Project Plug-in" or "Qt Integration Help Plug-in". (I see these on a friend's working installation)

wysota
15th March 2011, 23:32
And what do you expect us to do now?

gbagerry
16th March 2011, 14:02
wysota,
I was hoping that someone would reply with a message that helped me solve the problem.

wysota
16th March 2011, 18:43
Without you providing any details? I doubt this will happen. It's a classical "hey, X doesn't work, what do I do now" situation. Or something that fits the situation even more -- "hey, I have a car and it doesn't work yet I've seen a similar car that worked. How do I fix it?"

gbagerry
16th March 2011, 19:10
If I'm going to get snarky responses, I see no reason to even use the forum. I am seeking help and you give me attitude. What information do you need to help? If you can't help, please do not respond.

wysota
16th March 2011, 19:43
What information do you need to help?

ANY information. You can start with what have you already tried to fix your problem.

gbagerry
16th March 2011, 20:07
I have uninstalled the plugin. run `eclipse - clear` from the command line. I then reinstalled the plugin via the installation instructions. I then ran `eclipse -clear` from the command. Still didn't work.

I do not know what else to try. That is why I asked a friend to take a screenshot of the installed plugins. That is why I know that there are missing plugins.

I looked in the /usr/lib/eclipse/plugins folder - no Qt Project Plug-in. I unzipped the installation file qt-eclipse-integration-linux.x86-1.6.1.tar.gz and saw that there was no Qt Project Plug-in.

Is it possible that I need another plugin file to install?

wysota
16th March 2011, 20:39
Do you have the CDT plugin installed?

gbagerry
17th March 2011, 15:09
Yes. I do.
I have decided to go back to ground zero.
1) purge eclipse and CDT
2) install Galileo (on my Ubuntu, it always installs this version).
3) update to Helios
4) install Qt plugins.

gbagerry
17th March 2011, 17:20
That worked.
The difference was that instead of trying to replace Eclipse/Galileo with Eclipse/Helios, I installed Helios from the tar.gz file into /opt. Then I edited the Eclipse startup shell in /usr/bin to point to the Helios folder. Installed the CDT and then installed the Qt plugins.

wysota
17th March 2011, 23:46
I unzipped the installation file qt-eclipse-integration-linux.x86-1.6.1.tar.gz and saw that there was no Qt Project Plug-in.
I have to admit this is strange because when I unpacked that file, the Qt project plugin was there. Maybe your download was simply corrupted?

newNitin
21st March 2011, 09:28
Greetings,
I am using Qt-Eclipse plugin on Eclipse Helios with Qt 4.6.3
I am trying to run AdressBook example as on http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/tutorials-addressbook-part1.html .
After this when I do Project->Run Qmake, i get following error

/usr/bin/qmake -recursive CONFIG+=debug_and_release AddressBook.pro
***Unknown option -recursive

This is followed by qmake usage description.

I can not find where Qmake related settings can happen.
I hope some one to guide me on this.

thank you
nitin

wysota
21st March 2011, 09:51
And how is this related to this thread?

arbazkhan002
17th May 2012, 12:55
I have installed eclipse SDK ver 3.6.2, helios, with CDT (working fine) but cant install QT plugins.
I used the instructions given in http://qt.nokia.com/products/eclipse-integration/installation-instructions-for-linux-systems/ but it wont work. My eclipse/plugins folder is in /opt. I unpacked the Qteclipse integration file in both /opt (where I found my eclipse/plugins) but neither plugins nor features had qtplugin folders in them. Thats how I doubt it at first place that how unpacking a file in /opt would install qtplugins directly. I dont see any trolltech folders in eclipse/plugins or eclipse/features after merely unpacking qt-eclipse-integration-linux.x86-1.6.1-src.tar.gz.
My directory structure for eclipse is :
/opt/eclipse
/opt/eclipse/plugins
/opt/eclipse/features
/opt/eclipse/eclipse.ini

As said, I also have eclipse/plugins in /usr/lib but unpacking integration file there too doesnt make eclipse recognise Qtplugin installed.
Please help